Key Features & Benefits
- Send multicast, broadcast, and two-way audio and video messages
- Integrate with many existing devices and systems, including strobes
- Keep students safe withactive shooter & other emergency alerting
- Respond quickly and efficiently to lockdowns and other emergencies
- Initiate alerts with wireless panic buttons
- Grab attention with scrolling computer pop-up instant messaging
- Reach more people with Audio/Visual PA & LCDs in classrooms
- Observe students and improve surveillance with cameras in classrooms
- Send live video feed to police and emergency responders
- Customize mass notifications to authorities & parents
Because of the prevalence of bullying and violent incidents, such as Columbine and Sandy Hook, it is vital that schools have fast and efficient emergency communications to save lives. No single technology can meet all of the communication needs of deaf & blind schools – whether they’re emergency or everyday communications. Thus, MessageNet SEMS combines many different customizable, ADA-compliant technologies to better fit the unique needs of each deaf and blind school.
Because SEMS is not just an emergency notification system, it can also be used for everyday deaf & blind communications, such as audio/visual bell schedules and morning announcements. SEMS can also serve as a valuable teaching tool that has particular value in the mainstreamed hard-of-hearing educational environment. In particular, it has won high praise for being able to facilitate a bilingual approach to teaching American Sign Language along with English.