What is Connections Video Camera & Surveillance Integration?
How Does it Work?
Through the MessageNet Connections server software platform, video can be viewed on LCD screens or computers, recorded, or used for two-way video conferencing.
Video feeds can be viewed on network connected computers or video screens. Connections-enhanced video is easily initiated and routed to a single screen, all screens, or any combination thereof.
Video Records & Audit Trails
Stored video, along with extensive message archives and system logs provide comprehensive security and management information.
Practicality & Cost Effectiveness
Connections can integrate with systems you may already have in place as well as new camera equipment or systems.
Ease of Use
The Connections system is designed to meet the demands of many users and a diversity of needs at once.
Security & Access Controls
Login, class of service, authorization and priority controls help limit users’ access to features and capabilities for a more secure system. Messages can also automatically show sender’s signature.
Daily & Emergency Use
In addition to enhancing security and surveillance systems, Connections’ video camera integration can be used to fulfil daily communications needs, such as video conferencing, room monitoring, and recording.
As such, video cameras integrate with Mediaport and LCD screens to create a well-rounded communications resource.
- View live camera feeds on any computer or LCD screens.
- Send a camera feed to another user, or even to police and emergency responders.
- Broadcast from one camera to many LCD screens and computers.
- Use multicast to more quickly broadcast to many screens.
- Monitor specific areas or large public areas.
- Trigger camera feeds and recording with motion detector integration.
- Record video as it’s broadcast live.
- Schedule broadcast messages to automatically display on any combination of LCDs and computers.
- Ensure emergency broadcasts are noticed by automatically pausing all other content.
- Schedule observations and recordings of specific areas.
- Download camera software updates that can be delivered automatically by the Connections server.
- Cameras can be PoE (Power over Ethernet) and connect independently of other devices
- Cameras can integrate directly with Mediaport and be powered through USB connections.
- Pan-Tilt-Zoom technology ensures a wider area can be viewed and users have more control over camera observation
- IP cameras can stand alone and connect to the network to send and receive data without being connected to other devices.
- >USB-connected cameras work closely with Mediaport and LCD screens to monitor specific areas.
Available in Many Ways
Connections’ main interface is browser-based, which means cameras can be viewed from many different types of devices that have a network or Internet connection.
In addition to manual user interaction, Connections can automatically communicate with cameras at the command of an automated device, such as a contact closure, fire panels, life-safety devices, door-open detectors, and a vast number of other data sources.
Because Connections can integrate with pre-existing surveillance and security systems, it can work with cameras you already have and add additional cameras either one at a time or in larger amounts.
MessageNet Connections is a browser-based, integrated system that unifies everyday and emergency communications and security into one powerful system. Connections integrates your existing communication, safety and security systems to create communication bridges between people, places and things.
One of the unique advantages of the MessageNet Connections system is scalability: you can start with your specific needs now and seamlessly upgrade your system to include customized functionality later.
- Audio/Visual PA & VoIP
- PC Pop-Ups Instant Messaging
- Digital Signage & LCD HDTV
- LED Electronic Signs
- SMS Text Messaging & Paging
- Fire, Safety, Security & Alerting Systems Integration
- Telephone Communications
- VoIP & Analog PA Systems