What is PC Alert?
PC Alert is scrolling visual alert computer software that provides the ability to manually or automatically deliver emergency alerts and other messages to any computer with a network or Internet connection, across a LAN or the Internet.
PC Alert is one of the many possible components of MessageNet Connections and is designed to work with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Mac OS X.
How Does it Work?
When a message is sent to a computer, a new window automatically opens and the message is scrolled across the window. The computer user can determine the location of the window on the screen as desired. If the user minimizes the message window, it will pop up again when a new message is sent to it.
Once the sender terminates a message or the message expires, the alert window on the recipient’s computer automatically closes. Other windows and programs are not affected by the action of the PC Alert software.
Extensive message archives and system logs provide comprehensive management information.
Practicality & Cost Effectiveness
PC Alert is a simple program that resides on your existing PCs and Macs, so it’s available to each member of your organization and is more affordable than dedicated display hardware.
Ease of Use
PC Alert can be assigned to groups, providing the convenience of delivering messages to a collection of computers at one time. The Connections software allows you to define an unlimited number of groups.
The Connections system is designed to meet the demands of many users and a diversity of needs at once.
Security & Access Controls
Login, class of service, authorization and priority controls help limit users’ access to features and capabilities for a more secure system. Messages, when sent, can also automatically display the identity of the sender with a signature
Daily & Emergency Use
In addition to providing urgent and reliable emergency communication, PC Alert can also be used for daily communications or other instant messaging. As such, PC Alert takes its place alongside your email, telephone and PA systems as a multi-user, multi-purpose, organizational communication resource.
- Reach people at their computers quickly and easily by launching ad-hoc, fill-in-the-blank, customized or fully predefined text messages with the click of a mouse.
- Send and receive PC Alert messages to and from multiple people at the same time.
- Limit the number of messages displayed by the PC Alert program during times of emergency via priority controls.
- Force messages to pop up through password-free screensavers.
- Keep messages scrolling until you are sure they have been received.
- Invoke PC Alert to display content for the communication of complex information such as web pages, video and audio content.
- Lock down features globally or provide them as selections for individual users as desired.
- Send PC Alert messages across the public internet for real-time message delivery when traveling.
- Ensure people take notice and can easily read messages at a distance with large moving text.
- Command attention with audible beeps that can be delivered along with the scrolling message.
- Display messages that can pop up and disappear on a repeating basis when desired.
- Send messages when a computer is offline and the message will be delivered as soon as the computer comes back online if the message is still active and valid.
- Install PC Alert software using standard “push” technology.
- Download PC Alert software updates that can be delivered automatically by the Connections server.
Available in Many Ways
Connections’ main interface is browser-based, which means PC Alert can receive messages from many different types of devices that have a network or Internet connection.
In addition to manual user interaction, Connections can automatically communicate with PC Alert at the command of an automated device, such as fire panels, life-safety devices, door-open detectors, and a vast number of other data sources.
Because it’s a simple, license-activated program, PC Alert can be quickly and easily deployed to one or thousands of computers, either all at once or incrementally.
MessageNet Connections is a browser-based, integrated system that unifies everyday and emergency communications and security into one powerful system. Connections integrates your existing communication, safety and security systems to create communication bridges between people, places and things.
One of the unique advantages of the MessageNet Connections system is scalability: you can start with your specific needs now and seamlessly upgrade your system to include customized functionality later.
- Audio/Visual PA & VoIP
- PC Pop-Ups Instant Messaging
- Digital Signage & LCD HDTV
- LED Electronic Signs
- SMS Text Messaging & Paging
- Fire, Safety, Security & Alerting Systems Integration
- Telephone Communications
- VoIP & Analog PA Systems